MECTA CAPTAINS MEETING
February 19, 2003
The meeting was held at 5:30 PM at Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- rather than "interviewing" Jim, we decided to go over the talkpoints and parking lot issues which were discussed/documented at a 10/22/02 meeting;
- both the board and Jim worked nicely together in an effort to improve the topics below:
- one thing that Jim has asked of us, as captains, is to make sure that, at the conclusion of every meet (or within 48 hours of conclusion), we fill out the "Meet Feedback Form" and send it to him at email@example.com <<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> . This will help him to do his job accordingly (I will be sending out an electronic copy of the form prior to every meet);
- Jim has also asked that all complaints/requests/suggestions regarding the meets be directed towards Cheryl Gilbert who will then work with Jim;
- After this
initial discussion was held with Jim, the regularly scheduled MECTA
Meeting began and the board informed the captains (after Jim exited
- organization of:
- a lengthy discussion was held regarding the compensation that Tom and April had proposed;
- certain members felt that they, too, would like to be compensated for helping out;
- a motion was made to reject the proposal upon further clarification and it was seconded, a discussion was held, and a vote followed: 4 were in favor of the rejection and the rest abstained;
- Tom and April will be coming forward with a
second proposal which will be discussed at a separate meeting on March
5th at 5:30pm at Anthem. All those who would like to have a say are
encouraged to attend.
- Voter eligibility;
- Event changes;
relation to track meets; - Clarification around
payment for volunteers/officials.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:00 PM.
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday,
March 19, 2003 at 5:30 PM, at
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Submitted by April Laverriere, February 20, 2003.